Most of Zurich`s sites are located on either side of the Limmat, between Central Station and Lake Zurich. Churches and houses in the old town are clustered there, as are the most expensive shops along the famous Bahnhofstrasse. The Lindenhof in the old town is the historic site of the Roman castle and the Carolingian imperial palace. Zurich is the host city of the Street Parade which takes place every year in August (see above). In 1970, about 53% of the population was reformed in Switzerland, while nearly 40% were Roman Catholics. Since then, the two major Swiss churches, the Roman Catholic Church and the Swiss Reformed Church, have been steadily losing members, although the Catholic Church began to decline 20 years later, around 1990. However, in the last two years, the two denominations have been reduced by 10% to the current figures (2010 census): 30% Roman Catholic and 26% Reformed in Switzerland (organized in the Reformed Protestant Church of the canton of Zurich). In 1970, only 2% of Zurichers said they did not belong to any religious denomination. Following the loss of the major Swiss churches, the number of people who declare themselves unaffiliated rose to 17% in 2000. Over the past ten years, this figure has risen to more than 25%.
For the 24-44 age group, this is as high as one in three people.  Zurich`s blue and white coat of arms is attested from 1389 and has been derived from blue and white stripe banners in service since 1315. The first testimony of banners with the same design dates from 1434. The coat of arms is flanked by two lions. The red Schwenkel on the banner had different interpretations: for The Zurichers, it was an honorary distinction that von Rudolph I. the neighbours of Zurich mocked as a sign of shame, as a reminder of the loss of the banner at Winterthur in 1292. Today, the canton of Zurich uses the same coat of arms as the city.  [Unreliable source] The Neolithic and Bronze Age colonies were found around Lake Zurich. Near the Lindenhof, a morain hill overlooking the SE-NW-Wasserstrasse, which consists of Lake Zurich and the Limmat, traces of pre-red colonies have been discovered.  In Roman times, during the conquest of the Alpine area, the Romans deeded a castellum in the Lindenhof in 15 BC.  Turicum (a clear Celtic name) was later created here, a tax levy centre for limmat presentations, which was part of the border between Gallia Belgica (from 90 N.
Germanique Superior) and Raetia: this point of customs later became vicus.  After the reforms of Emperor Constantine in 318 BC. The border between Gaul and Italy (two of the four praetorian prefectures of the Roman Empire) was east of Turicum, crossing the Linth River, between Lake Walensee and Lake Zurich, where a castle and the Turicum garrison overlooked security.